Thursday 19 May 2016

Kate Pang's Miscarriage





Taiwanese actress-host Kate Pang's miscarriage in between her hosting gigs at Star Awards Show 1 and 2 last year spooked Andie Chen so much that he's treating her second pregnancy with more care, concern and caution.

She's due to give birth to their second child, a girl, next month.

The couple have a son, Aden, who turns two on June 30.

The 30-year-old local actor told The New Paper at yesterday's press conference for If Only I Could: "When my wife was expecting Aden, I wasn't very worried and I kind of took it in an 'everything is going to be fine, nothing is going to happen' attitude.

"But after Kate's miscarriage, it suddenly dawned on me that I shouldn't take this for granted because there are risks involved in every pregnancy for the baby and the mother.

"There's always a little bit of fear in me but hopefully everything is going to be fine."

HOME
When Aden was born at home in Pang's native Taiwan, Chen flew there as quickly as he could from a film shoot in Ipoh, Malaysia.

But this time, Chen will be by Pang's side.

"Kate is giving birth naturally again but I heard that the second time can be quite sudden," he said.

"I will be busy with filming but it will be easier for me to rush over as the shoot is in Singapore."

He added that he will definitely be including his daughter on the couple's parenting site Kandie Network when she is older.

He is also thinking of changing Aden's Instagram handle (@aden_kandie) into a combination of both his kids' names in future.


No comments:

Post a Comment